The Way Of Life: Visual Basic - JSON
Google

Friday, May 18, 2012

Visual Basic - JSON



One time, I was asked by one of the customers, "Budy, Can I run a program that you created from my house (but the database server is in her office) ?", My answer is "Yes, if the internet speed is fast enough!"
"If I was in America,
Can I (her daugther lived in USA) ?" "Yes, You can" I replied. I talk to myself that with a Desktop Application that was built with Visual Basic and Microsoft SQL Server as Database Server using ADO Connection, it would be very hard to run through the Internet.  
The first solution  is to create a Web Based application that can be accessed from anywhere. But it requires me to create code from scratch and it takes a very long time. I was thinking how to combine the advantages of Web Applications and Desktop Application, one of which is to use SOAP. But when I was building an Android application, the answer is JSON. Yes, with JSON you can create desktop applications that can access the database from anywhere in the world with internet network, and is much faster because it uses a web service. So when you connect with your local network you can use a standard connection such as ADO, and when you are traveling abroad you can still access the database via JSON with DESKTOP application. It's like "hybrid system" that can run with two different "engine". Here's my video show how JSON connect to Microsoft SQL Server , i've used Sierra Modem to create internet connection.


related links:

JSON

VB JSON Parser

WinHttpRequest object


contoh source code :

Cara mengakses data Json menggunakan Visual Basic 6

Cara menampilkan Json ke Grid VB6, source asli diambil dari sini



Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Firdaus ST said...

PERMISI OM : BOLEH MINTA SOURCE CODENYA GA :) BWT TUGAS..

10:00 PM  
Blogger boed said...

Boleh bro, emailnya apa?

9:46 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Boleh minta sourcecodenya via email quadrazoner@gmail.com

Thanks :)

10:01 PM  
Blogger ASMM said...

A connection with server could not be establish...sir can you reply me

7:24 PM  
Blogger ASMM said...

HOW TO CONVERT VB6 ACCESS TABLE RECORD SEND TO JSON CAN YOU HELP ME..HOW THE CODING

7:26 PM  
Blogger boed said...

hi sir,

you can try my last article here :

https://boedblog.blogspot.com/2023/02/api-call-using-visual-basic-6-json.html

it includes source code also. for the server, I already shut down a few years ago.

7:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home